Friday 5 August 2011

Entry Twenty-Nine: Rude Rude Rude

There are few things that really tick me off and one of them is rudeness, particularly knowingly ignoring someone.

I live by the creed 'If someone wants to speak to you then they should be able to'. This means if someone wants to talk to me - provided I am not busy, in which case I will inform them of this at the nearest convenient time - I will speak to them.

This was born from my theory that all communication contains the passing of information and I really enjoy the giving/receiving of information. Talking is something we are the only species blessed enough to be able to do well on this planet, so we should flaunt it, yes?

I understand that sometimes you don't want to speak to someone - often there's someone who asks the wrong questions or raises the wrong thoughts in your mind - but when that person doesn't do that then you have absolutely no feeble excuse not to speak to them. It is the epitome of rude and I will not stand for it.

I see it one of two ways; either that person is worth the hassle, you can speak to them every time you get a chance and eventually they will communicate; or they're a lost cause and you may as well just leave them alone. I am not a believer in the latter. I've said it before on my other blog; if I want to speak to you, I will find a way.

Yes I'm an awkward little shit and I am happy this way, it works for me. I am, inspired to write this because of one case, a complicated one involving someone I've not known for long and one of my good friends (who is somewhat blinded by his own disbelief in reality). Anyway there is probably some reason I'm being ignored and in that case they can thrust their interest where the sun no-longer shines.

Good night.

AO

No comments:

Post a Comment