Wednesday 28 April 2010

Diary Entry Twenty-Three: Train Journeys

Being a terrible poster; I often lose concentration when I'm writing. This is true of two train journeys I recently took. I have also been learning morse code which is why there is a section at the bottom of this blog which consists of dots and dashes. It's only the following paragraph so if you don't understand it don't worry.

Cheers,
Alex

*****
April 11th 2010
Trains, Trains Go Away

Perhaps it's the rush back to work after the Easter break, or maybe it's the weather. Either way it doesn't make sense that a nine-carriage Virgin Pendolino train be completely full on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe it's the Glaswegian water that's attracted everybody travelling through London to board this train, whatever 'it' is, it's amiss.

The en-mass migration to Scotland certainly explains why the ticket issuer was unable to book me a seat on this train. It's not all bad I suppose, it's only five hours of my life and I am looking forward to seeing my father; even if that sucks I do have a table-window seat booked for my return.

The first leg of my journey was a bitch too; a train full of already tipsy football fans heading to Wembly Stadium, throwing around a team coloured balloon and yelling political slogans. When I was walking to the train at the beginning of the day the massive crowd; standing on the platform, yelled at the same time, this benefits-stealing choir  actually made a wonderfully tuneful wall of sound that was so testosterone filled I could sense a dog's testicles growing across the river and I'm fairly certain several foetuses actually changed sex.

*****
April 18th 2010
Another Train Journey

So, a week after I wrote the last blog I'm writing this. I promised a friend I'd upload it translated into Morse Code but it becomes tiring after the first fifty words and I sadly failed to complete my task. None-the-less I am here, bravely attempting the wholly-possible once again. No half measures, no minced words, just lovely dots and dashes representing our language.

A week in Glasgow, a week with my father. It was actually the most time I've spent with him since he moved there. Before this trip it was September, three days which became six when I caught swine flu; prefacing that was January '09 at my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary, for which I got a beautiful, new suit. Before that I hadn't seen him since July 2006, shocking I know!

*****

As I said before, I fail at writing. I got distracted both times and when that happens I find it very hard to get back into the flow. Anyway, here's the morse I mentioned.

.-  -..-  .-.  ..  .-..     .----  .----  -  ....     ..---  -----  .----  -----
-  .-.  .-  ..  -.  ...  --..--     -  .-.  .-  -.  ...     --.  ---     .-  .--  .-  -.--

.--.  .  .-.  ....  .-  .--.  ...    ..  -  .---.  ...     -  ....  .     .-.  ..-  ...  ....     -...  .-  -.-.  -.-     -  ---     .--  ---  .-.  -.-     .-  ..-.  -  .  .-.     -  ....  .     .  .-  ...   -   .   .-.     -...  .-.  .  .-  -.-  --..--     ---  .-.     ---  .-  -.--  -...  .     ..  -  .----.  ...     -  ....  .     .--  .  .-  -  ....  .  .-.  .-.-.-     .  ..  -  ....  .  .-.     .--  .-  -.--     ..  -     -..  ---  .  ...  -.  .----.  -     --  .-  -.-  .     ...  .  -.  ...  .     -  ....  .-  -     .-     ----.     -.-.  .-  .-.  .-.  ..  .-  --.  .     ...-  ..  .-.  --.  ..  -.     .--.  .  -.  -..  ---   .-..  ..  -.  ---     -  .-.  .-  ..  -.     -...  .     -.-.  ---   --  .--.   .-..  .  -  .  .-..  -.--     ..-.  ..-  .-..  .-..   ---  -.     .     ...  ..-  -.  -..  .-  -.--     .-  ..-.  -  .  .-.  -.  ---  ---  -.  .-.-.-     --  .-  -.--  -...  .     ..  -  .----.  ...     -  ....  .     --.  .-..  .-  ...  .--  .  --.  ..  .-  -.     .--  .-  -  .  .-.     -  ....  .-  -  .----.  ...     .-  -  -  .-.  .-  -.-.  -  .  -..     .  ...-  .  .-.  -.--  -...  ---  -..  -.--     -  .-.  .-  ...-  .  .-..  .-..  ..  -.  --.     -  .-.  ---  ..-  --.  ....     .-..  ---  -.  -..  ---  -.     -  ---     -...  ---  .-  .-.  -..     -  ....  ..  ...     -  .-.  .-  -.  --..--     .--  ....  .-  -  .  ...-  .  .-.     .-..-.  ..  -  .-..-.     ..  ...  --..--     ..  -  .----.  ...     .-  --  ..  ...  .-.-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment