Tuesday 23 February 2010

Diary Entry Eighteen: Bad karma and Babies

Oh my was today a rough day as far as karma goes. I managed to get soaked on my way to school because the river near where I live burst its banks and I had to wade up a road through it. At the end of the day; just before I left to go home, I slipped on mud and caked most of my trousers and a bit of my shirt as-well as my arm and hand. Joy. To add insult to injury I spent most of the day getting my thumb (which I cut open when sawing wood on Friday) caught on just about everything. There were other things to do with drills and being cold too but they're mundane.
I was worst affected by getting wet, the first day in over a month I wear shoes which aren't walking boots my feet get wet. Those around me will tell you the one thing I really, really can't stand is having wet feet. I hate it. But it could always be worst.

One of my friends had a baby on the 31st January, today she bought her daughter into school to see us and oh my days, she is so, so cute. I really don't like kids much and I was getting broody. Insane. It was nice to meet her, she seems to have a personality all of her own already and I'm certainly proud of my friend for producing such a perfect little person. It's going to be fun watching a friend's child grow up, I've no doubt she'll be as clever and amazing as her mum. I will be known as 'Uncle Alex' if it's the last thing I do. Congrats again Z.

I'm going to go ahead and do some work now. I might design some lighting too.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment