Wednesday 15 April 2009

Diary Entry Four: Howdy Ya'll

Well, I guess I should have mentioned that I was going to Italy for a week. But it's too late now because I'm back and tanned.

Florence is a shithole. Beautiful but a shithole. By all means go there, just be prepared to shorten your life span by a few weeks in doing so. Venice was amazing, again one takes one's life into one's own hands for the duration of the trip and the forseeable shortening of life provides ample reason to keep the visit to a week. A word of warning, though: if you're looking for a decent bottle of Lemon Cello, don't look in Venice because you won't find it.

Anyway, I'm back in the country and busy preparing for my second run at AS level exams. I'm confident about them this time. Still got so much work to do. So much life to live too. One has to take the education system with a pinch of salt. Sadly I know this time next year I'll be thinking as naively as a lot of the second year Sixth Formers are at the moment. I'll be thinking that it's all over in a little over a month thn I can relax. Unfortunately after a second year of AS I have the wisdom to realise that this is a teeny tiny part of our lives and it gets a darn sight harder from here. No sense in telling the lambs; in spring, what fate the later seasons bring though.

I'm going to head off and get on with some work now, got three essays, two peices of coursework and an exam piece to finish for the 23rd.

Alex

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment